This section of your User agreement details some of the basic rules of participation in the Internet community and constitutes part of our terms of Service. By your use of the Service, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. Affordable Internet Solutions reserves the sole and unconditional right to refuse, suspend or terminate Service to anyone who violates these rules as determined by Affordable Internet Solutions, in its sole discretion.
1. Illegal Use – You agree not to use the Service for or in the pursuit of illegal purposes. Affordable Internet Solutions cooperates with local and federal authorities in investigations into illegal Internet use, and will take both criminal and civil legal action against Users who are determined to be using the Service in an unlawful way. You agree not to directly or indirectly allow a third party to use the Service in an illegal or unsuitable manner.
2. Harassment – You agree not to use the Service for harassment, threats, verbal abuse, and persistent unwanted contact of any kind. Harassment covers any use of the Service to directly or indirectly contact any other user (including users of another Internet service) in an unwanted fashion. Harassment can be active, in forms such as unwanted email, chat messages, or verbal declarations on a public forum, or can be passive in the form of defamatory information posted on web sites.
3. Disruption/Hacking – You agree not to make any attempt to disrupt or attack the systems or Services provided by Affordable Internet Solutions or any third party. This includes any deliberate attempt to interfere with another user’s ability to take advantage of services offered online. This also includes any effort to secure access to hardware and services without the consent of the provider of those services. Hackers will be subject to the full extent of criminal law, and Affordable Internet Solutions reserves the right to seek damages or legal recourse against Users who abuse, attack, or hack their systems, servers, or Services.
4. Fraud/False Advertising – You agree not to post or transmit fraudulent information on or through the Service. This can include false advertising, identity theft, or misrepresentation of any kind including phishing, forged email headers or fictitious email addresses.
5. Unsolicited Advertising/Spamming – You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited material through any active medium such as email, chat, messaging, chain letters, advertisements, jokes, etc. Affordable Internet Solutions does not tolerate unsolicited mass emailing (Spamming) of any kind, and the use of any of Affordable Internet Solutions Services for this purpose is strictly prohibited. To assist Affordable Internet Solutions in preventing Spamming, Affordable Internet Solutions may limit the number of recipients allowed per email and/or limit the number of e-mails You can send over a short period of time. Content falling in this category is defined by the receiving user’s desire to be contacted in the specified manner, so use good judgment if you are sending to mailing lists. Affordable Internet Solutions may also limit or deny access to mail servers other than those hosted by Affordable Internet Solutions. You further agree not to collect or harvest account information without the expressed consent of those from whom you collect the information.
6. Disruptive Content – You agree not to post or transmit any disruptive content. Certain kinds of content broadcast or displayed on the Internet can generate a great deal of disruption and reaction from the Internet community as a whole. This can include, but is not limited to, material that is considered obscene, offensive, or extremely controversial. While Affordable Internet Solutions does not actively censor its Users, the reaction this material can generate can be expensive and time consuming, and as such makes the continued support of Users generating this kind of content of questionable business value to Affordable Internet Solutions. You understand and agree that Affordable Internet Solutions may suspend or terminate your Service should your usage result in significant complaint or constitute disruptive content, as determined by Affordable Internet Solutions in its sole discretion, from the Internet community at large.
7. Extended Connections – Unless you are a Business Class subscriber, this Service is intended for personal, periodic, and active use of the World Wide Web, email, news groups, games and file transfers; You may stay connected so long as You are using the Service for this purpose. Affordable Internet Solutions reserves the right to terminate the Service at any time if it determines you are using the Service for extended high bandwidth connections.
8. Use of Servers – Unless you are a Affordable Internet Solutions Business Customer (subscribing to Business Class service), You agree that You will not establish or operate a web server, email server, FTP server, file server or run any other server applications and/or software providing server-like functionality in connection with the Service. Use of PtP programs like Napster, Bearshare, Lymewire and Bittorrent is allowed but must be limited! . Interpretation will be at the sole discretion of Affordable Internet Solutions.
9. Excessive Bandwidth – Unless you are a Affordable Internet Solutions Business Customer, You agree that You will not use continued and sustained excessive bandwidth as defined by the Affordable Internet Solutions Terms of Service in connection with Your use of the Service. If Affordable Internet Solutions determines, in its sole discretion, that You are using a continuous and sustained excessive amount of bandwidth as defined by the Affordable Internet Solutions Terms of Service or You are violating any of the above terms, Affordable Internet Solutions may take some or all of the following actions, in its sole discretion: 1) seek a clarification of Your activity patterns; 2)Disconnect Your sessions during periods of such violations; 3) Require you to upgrade to a higher service package or Business Class service; 4) Reduce your maximum allowed connection speed; 5) Terminate your Service.
10. Reselling or Reconfiguring the Service– You may not resell the Service or redistribute or reconfigure the Service to allow others to use the Service in an illegal, fraudulent or inappropriate manner. Interpretation will be at the sole discretion of Affordable Internet Solutions.
11. Excessive Use of Affordable Internet Solutions Outbound SMTP Mail Servers – Use of Affordable Internet Solutions LLC outbound SMTP mail servers is restricted to 150 outbound mail messages per hour.
12. Copyright Infringement – Affordable Internet Solutions respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. Affordable Internet Solutions will terminate the account of any User who unlawfully transmits copyrighted material without a license or privilege to do so. Affordable Internet Solutions will terminate such account after receiving proper notification by the copyright holder to our office, and if we have a good faith belief, in our sole discretion, that infringement has occurred. Our ability to terminate your account is in addition to and not instead of any and all other remedies that we may have against you under the law.
13. Internet Service Speeds to Customer
(a) Unless customer has Signed SLA (service level agreement) from Affordable Internet Solutions. Our advertised speeds are “best effort” to the end user. We do however try our best to meet advertised speeds in all areas. Affordable Internet Solutions may have the need to lower customer serivce package to next service level down if nessisary to keep network congestion to a minimum. This will only be done if we cannot keep consistent advertised speeds. The customer of course will only be billed at the service level the customer is receiving.
(b) Affordable Internet Solutions Internet speeds vary by customer location. Affordable Internet Solutions will try our best to meet a customer’s connection up to the maximum advertised speed, but actual speed experienced by the customer may vary based on many items, such as customers local network, customers local wireless router, general RF interference, and computer performance; network congestion. These items stated above can cause Internet access service to perform at less than maximum advertised speeds. AIS does not and will not guarantee speeds unless you are provided with Signed SLA from Affordable Internet Solutions
14. Reporting Other Abuse – To report other abuse of this Acceptable Use Policy, please email us at email@example.com